F.A.Q.

What is Classical Connection?

Classical Connection is a "sharity" blog that posts links to MP3 downloads for out of print classical music.

Who are you?

Call me knowby. I'm just some guy who wants to share his love of innovative music with others.

Hey, ______ isn't out of print!

Oops, sorry. Let me know and I'll delete the offending post. I deal with very rare music on this blog, and sometimes it's hard for me to determine if something is really out of print or not.

I've got some out of print classical music I'd like to share.

Great! You can upload it yourself and post a comment with the download link, or you can email me at knowby [at] gmail.com and we'll figure something out.

I've got a request.

Great! Please verify that the title is actually out of print, then let me know! I love requests, and don't get enough of them.

Your writing sucks!

Yeah, I know. Unfortunately, I have very little time to devote to this blog, and since I don't actually know music (I just love it), I won't waste your time with pretty but ignorant commentary. I'll share the music and you can figure out if you like it. If you want to comment on the music or link to more information about it, please do so.

6 Comments:

At 2:36 AM, Blogger Eugene said...

since some of this music is hard to find and you obviously have the CDs, please consider sharing it in lossless (flac, ape, wavpack) - listening to classical music in mp3...well, is not the best thing out there.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger knowby said...

I don't have the CDs for any of the oop classical I've posted so far.

 
At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU KNOWBY. you are doing a great thing and expanding my little bitty mind.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Lee said...

Thanks very much for your posts - you turned me onto Michael Gordon around the same time I was checking out Decasia, freaky timing. So even though the particular album you posted wasn't OOP, I bought some of his music anyways.

Alot of these are new to me, so please keep it up! And don't feel obligated to write overly witty; I get really turned off by bloggers who think they're writing for Rolling Stone or Pitchfork.

BTW, I don't mind the MP3s since you encode them so high (192 or better) and FLAC's would take longer to download - and you probably couldn't fit the albums at rapidshare anymore doing it that way.

I'm looking for some OOP classical stuff for you to share, but everything I thought is rare is still available so far...nuts! I'll keep looking...

 
At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoy what you have posted! So many of these out of print classics I have been seeking for a long time. Thanks & Peace!

your humble fan
E from NOLA

 
At 9:16 PM, Anonymous tommylacroix said...

hi
love your blog
unfortunately im too late to get the second dream of the stepdown transformer recording you had up (it expired)
can you repost it?
it is super hard to find

 

Post a Comment

<< Home